The popularity of the portable coffee maker exploded in recent years.
No longer is coffee limited to the kitchen or cafe… you can now drink it wherever the water is hot. Quenching the craving for a cup of joe has never been easier, and fueling up caffeine levels can be accomplished anywhere on earth.
Today, we wanted to talk a little bit about the mobile world, the portable coffee maker, and what the future could bring.
Why has portable coffee become so popular?
Who are the types of people looking for a portable coffee maker?
Is portable coffee important? Is it just a trend or luxury?
You may be here because you’re curious about the world of portable coffee. Or maybe you’re thinking about snagging a Kohipress for yourself or a loved one.
Either way, we’ve got you covered.
A lot of folks make coffee seem complicated - never sharing knowledge and never teaching what they know. To many, the perfect cup of coffee can only be found in the cafe.
But it shouldn’t be this way.
Sure, coffee is a complex substance that produces a vast spectrum of aromas and flavors… but it’s not impossible for you to make an incredible cup wherever you are!
Let’s take a deeper look into the future of the portable coffee maker.
Who is the portable coffee maker for?
The answer to this question may seem like a no-brainer.
“Who is the portable coffee maker for? Well, anyone who wants to drink coffee on the go. Right?”
I mean, sure… but who specifically?
If we are to determine the future of portable coffee, we need specifics. Who are the people that will benefit most from a mobile brewer?
Portable Coffee Maker User #1: The Commuter
The Commuter is anyone who works the typical 9 to 5.
They routinely wake up in the morning, get ready for the day, and head to work.
What does coffee look like for The Commuter?
- Coffee is a morning routine to start the day.
- Typically enjoyed one of two ways: (1) quickly, before work OR (2) as a kind of ritual before the work day begins.
Of course, this isn’t everyone’s situation. Some people grab a cup of coffee at the workplace or on the way to work.
But this individual relies on the morning routine. If this routine is tampered with in any way, the rest of the day is thrown off.
How is The Commuter’s life different with a portable coffee maker?
- Preserving time in the morning becomes less of an issue. A portable coffee brewer is a companion - not a burden.
- Your routine doesn’t revolve around coffee; coffee revolves around YOUR routine.
Instead of being held captive by the workplace machine or the coffee maker in the kitchen, The Commuter takes control with a portable coffee maker. Brew where you want, when you want.
Portable Coffee Maker User #2: The Backpacker
Consider The Backpacker to be anyone who explores the outdoors as a lifestyle or hobby.
Many backpackers, campers, and hikers have one thing in common…
They revere their coffee.
Regardless of how bulky and inconvenient their coffee setup is, they stow it away in their packs. Pots, pans, boilers, and everything else.
And why wouldn’t they? The dewey, brisk mountain mornings are just better with coffee!
What does coffee look like for The Backpacker?
- A morning or nightly routine enjoyed in relaxation.
- A long process of setting up equipment, boiling water, and other tasks.
The coffee brewing process for the backpacker is unwieldy. It involves boiling water with a camping stove, setting up equipment, brewing coffee (usually in the same pots you cooked food in), and packing up.
While this may be enjoyable for some, it’s almost like a chore. Brewing coffee is something The Backpacker does during meal time.
How is The Backpacker’s life different with a portable coffee maker?
- Having a portable coffee maker on hand will drastically improve coffee quality. Separating coffee and food receptacles is a must if you want decent tasting coffee on the trail.
- With a portable coffee maker, The Backpacker could save quite a bit of pack space. The Kohipress is thin and easy to pack, while an extra pot is cumbersome.
- Time can be saved when using a portable coffee maker like the Kohipress. Clean up is easy, and you’re able to stow away other pots and pans while delicious coffee is brewing.
Having a clean, small receptacle like the Kohipress will enable The Backpacker to focus less on clean up, and more on the trail.
Portable Coffee Maker User #3: The Digital Nomad
According to the experts, there will be 1 billion digital nomads in the world by 2035.
Never heard the term digital nomad?
A digital nomad is someone who works remotely. These people are location independent, and their “office” is anywhere with an internet connection.
Now, the digital nomad population is only rising. As of 2014, there were 53 million digital nomads in America alone.
And you better believe that these modern nomads need their coffee.
What does coffee look like for The Digital Nomad?
- Many nomads find themselves drinking coffee at the local cafe (aka, their office that day).
- If coffee isn’t consumed at the cafe, it’s made at an Airbnb or apartment where they are currently living.
Since The Digital Nomad goes from place to place, a large coffee brewing setup isn’t common.
It isn’t plausible to lug a ton of coffee brewing equipment around. Like The Backpacker, digital nomads have limited bag space. Their possessions are what’s on their back.
How is The Digital Nomad’s life different with a portable coffee maker?
- Good coffee is no longer a thing to be sought out. If The Digital Nomad has a portable coffee maker like the Kohipress, they can brew up a killer cup of coffee - regardless of where they are!
- Instead of purchasing coffee at the cafe every day, the nomad can save money by brewing with the Kohipress. Brewing your own coffee is usually significantly cheaper than having a barista do it for you.
No matter where you are, you can keep brewing. The portable coffee maker makes this a reality.
Does it look like the portable coffee maker is simply a trend?
Not at all.
The digital nomad population is only growing, and the portable coffee maker is their ideal coffee companion.
The folks working their 9 to 5 jobs will always need their morning coffee fix.
And backpackers will continue to enjoy their brew around the campfire.
Maybe you’re one of the people discussed in this blog, or maybe you find yourself wanting the freedom that mobility allows.
If so, check out the Kohipress. Is it time to bring the personal cafe on your adventure?